Combines Security with Energy Efficiency
The Profix Pro-Therm window range which includes ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ rated windows under the UK’s Window Energy Ratings (WERs) scheme and can also boast considerable green credentials too, in addition to this the Pro-Therm range is approved by the Energy Saving Trust.
Run by the BSI British Standards Institute, the WERs form part of the UK’s national system for rating the energy efficiency of windows and is recognised within the Building Regulations. PVCu windows also carry an A+ rating in the new online Green Guide to specification and the Pro-Therm window profiles are also extruded using an environmentally-friendly lead-free compound.
The installation of Pro-Therm ‘A’ rated windows can help save up to £250 per year on energy bills and around 1.7 tonnes of CO2 emissions within an average domestic building. For those involved in social housing there could be considerable savings to be made by cutting expensive utility costs and a strong commitment to reducing carbon emissions.
Pro-Therm windows carry some of the sector’s greenest credentials for a PVCu window along with Profix’s BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental standard, product Kitemarks, Secured by Design accreditations and offer the best value in the long term with an overall life cycle expectancy of 35 years. The windows also offer up to a 2dB reduction in noise and up to 70% less condensation through the use of Super Spacer®.
The life cycle expectancy is supported by a 15 year profile warranty, 20 year sealed unit warranty and the hardware and fixings have successfully undergone salt spray testing and performs in excess of BS EN 1670 Grade 5 and come with a 15 year warranty.
- CO2 is the main green house gas responsible for global warming
- Pro-Therm’s Energy rated PVC-U windows are one of the most effective ways to save energy and reduce CO2 emissions
- Pro-Therm’s Energy rated windows reduce heat loss by more than 20%
- Fitting a Pro-Therm A rated window can help you save over £250 from your heating bill in the first year alone
- Pro-Therm’s energy rated windows will not only reflect heat back into your home but will also retain heat from solar gain
- Pro-Therm Energy rated windows are approved by the Energy Saving Trust
Old non energy rated windows waste energy equating to 0.7 tonnes of CO2 per year
- Pro-Therm window profiles are also extruded using an environmentally-friendly lead-free compound